Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life's Simple Pleasures...

This time of year we're all pondering what we're grateful for.
Isn't it fantastic?
This morning it hit me...
By about 5:00 each morning each of our kids has
independently slipped into bed with us.
6:30, then, greets us with higher pitched snores
and tiny hands draped across our bodies.
Occasionally we get a whiff of junior morning breath
(which is surprisingly cute when it's your own kid.)
I'm grateful for family snuggles and
warm little bodies to dogpile each morning.
(Oh, and our King-sized bed.)

5 comments:

nanamoo said...

love it!

Kim said...

Wow, for some reason this sounds all too familiar! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for being kicked in the face at 4 a.m. =)

The Rodeo Princess said...

My kids are too big, but my dogs (three) can easily be convinced that morning bed snuggle and warmth are the best. Lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Rather valuable message

Lisa said...

You are an amazing writer and I can FEEL the LOVE! You guys are a GREAT family. Glad you're here in town and I liked the Pumpkin Patch post too! Welcom back to the blogosphere!