Friday, April 13, 2012

I Looked Out the Window and What Did I See?

I was at the table for a long time helping Atticus with homework this rainy Friday afternoon when I heard a strange noise - almost like someone was bumping up against the side of the house or something.  I consulted Morgan, "Do you hear something weird?"  She did.

We went out back to investigate and discovered my (barely) 6-year-old at the top center of our roof!  He was standing up tall and proud on that slick, wet, tile roof.  He casually informed me he was retrieving a rogue frisbee.  (By the time I got this picture he had moved down the roof considerably...I assure you he could not have achieved higher altitude in the prime of his adventure.)

It wasn't until I FREAKED out that it even seemed to occur to him to be scared.  At that point he sat down and stared to cry, making dismount (and a good shot for posterity) darn near impossible.

Who would have guessed Wyatt would be so daring?  He was always such a cautious toddler.  He never ceases to amaze or surprise me, which I find incredibly endearing and fun.  I am glad he has motor skills, problem solving skills, braveness and gumption.  Now we work on good sense.

No comments: