Thursday, July 3, 2008

Plague, Pestilence, Flood and Famine...

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. ~M. Kathleen Casey

I expected no food in the cupboards when we got home last night, after 4 weeks away in GA and house sitting.

I didn't expect the Florida bugs to send text messages out to everyone they knew to announce that the parents are out of town. (Especially since the house was sprayed con gusto before we left.)

Nor did I expect a limb to have busted a couple holes in the roof sometime during the crazy thunderstorms we've had the last couple days. There's a lot of sogginess, but nothing irreplaceable, thank goodness.

"Plague"is a bit of a stretch. But I am in the throws of an allergy attack paralleled only to my perennial attacks in the Central Valley from all the blooming farmland.

This post is to remind myself that I'm resilient. I'm going to "Whack Rats." (No, we don't have rats...It's from a book!) We'll take a Claritin, clean up the sogginess, light a fresh smelling candle, take a hot shower then hit the grocery store. Bad weeks come...And they go. We could certainly be faced with worse than we are right now.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

You poor thing...seems like everyone has been having a rough go of it lately. Way to stay positive. Give me a call, I lost your number.

Melody said...

What a great outlook! I love you for that, many other reasons too, but you are just great!

Brittany said...

oh, hang in there dear child. and make that shower a long one...

Judy Ryan said...

You poor baby. You need to visit your mother.

Kathryn Poduska said...

Forget your mother, you need to visit your sister... oh wait, I guess you'd be doing both.

Mary said...

Love you positive outlook when life is not a bed of roses.

Tiffany said...

Can I get some of whatever your taking to get that positive attitude. I sure need it sometimes and you always seem to have it. Ditto what everyone else said "I love that about you"!

Anonymous said...

Well said.