Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can I Get a Little Sassy-Frass With That, Please?

This is Reagan MacKenzie Chase.
She's pretty adorable as 3 year old nieces go; sassy, adventurous, funny, and doesn't take grief from anyone!

And she's helpful. Se "helped" me pack up the house before we moved. Suddenly she had an epiphany, "Kasey, I move to California wiff you? I pack my bags and go wiff you?" She, of course, has this way of asking questions without any inflection. They're more like statements, even though she waits for a reply out of courtesy. How do you refuse this face?
You don't. You say, "Of course you can move to California with us! But you have to ask your mom first."

Imagine my suprise when, 20 minutes later, the door flies open and I hear, "She...said.....YES!"

Imagine our further surprise when we arrive in California (after she reluctantly decided not to go) and find this suspicious box packed in with ours. Notice her meticulous labeling skills. It was even sealed with packing tape!
But our favorite surprise was the contents:
2 complete outfits, including shoes: 1 for warm and 1 for cool weather
2 mismatched socks
Her sister's brand new tennis shoes for school
A hair tie
Travel sized Book of Mormon
A bra (why a 3 year-old needs a bra is a mystery. I guess she intended to stay for a LONG time.)
And 7 (yes, SEVEN) pair of underwear


And so, dear Reagan, this one goes out to you. We miss you terribly. We wish you were here. However, we now have pure confidence in your ability to succeed in life. When it comes to preparation for making dreams come true you've got mad skills.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, dear Reagan! That is too precious. I bet those girls are going to miss their cousins so much. But really, who wouldn't?

MC Boone said...

How cute is this? I miss sweet little Reagan and all those little "crackheads" as Jordan would call them! You can NEVER have enough underwear- you go girl!

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Just the other day, Kasey, JUST THE OTHER DAY I was thinking that I needed to write your mother a note to give to you to PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE post something else, something new, something that refers to your current situation. Because I have missed you. Now never let this type of thing happen again!
Glad you're back.

L!ND$EY said...

Oh man, that little girl already has a huge chunk of my heart, and that story just helped her steal the rest!

Danette Garrett said...

It is good to see you back blogging. I hope all went well with your move. Cute! cute! cute!

Cindy said...

You guys did What?!!!!!!!!!!!! How come I didn't know you were moving....I'm sort of sad, weird I know, since I't not like I see you all the time anyway but It's nice to see you guys when we do visit. Let us know when you come to UTah....It would be awesome.

Mindy said...

That is the cutest thing ever. What a trip - I am quite impressed she even had her scriptures. I am so glad you took pictures - that is priceless! Hope you guys are doing well out there!

Marianne said...

oh my gosh how adorable is that, what a sweet post :) let me know if you guys ever come out this way i'd love to see you