Saturday, December 27, 2008

Eternal Gifts

So it's over. But I don't want it to end.
In an effort to stretch it out a little I'd like to share one of my new favorite Christmas songs. It reminds me of this image I've always liked:
I love how Santa worships the original and purest example of charity and selflessness.



The song is Eternal Gifts, by Leigh Nash.
It wasn't on playlist, but it can be heard at: http://www.last.fm/music/Leigh+Nash/_/Eternal+Gifts?autostart
I think it's quite sweet:


Eternal Gifts

Santa knows what I want for Christmas
but Jesus knows what I need
it can't be purchased wrapped up and placed
under an ephod tree

I need patience, kindness - virtues like these
to bend on my knee at the manger
Santa may bring things that last for a year
but eternal gifts come from the Savior

some days come where I'm playing selfish
I can't think of no one but me
then I think of all that I'm blessed with
and that's always best to give than to receive

I need faithfulness, love, generosity
to open my home to a stranger
Santa may bring things that last for a year
but eternal gifts come from the Savior

I need patience, kindness, generosity
to bend on my knee at the manger
Santa may bring things that last for a year
but eternal gifts come from the Savior
by LeighNash

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I have a book that I found to go with that picture! We read it every year the first FHE after Thanksgiving when we decorate our Christmas tree. I bought an ornament just like the picture and whenever the girls find the ornament with Santa kneeling next to Jesus we stop and read the book. I love its message!

Gail said...

Hey, we were just thinking about you guys and wanted to invite you to our blog but don't have your email address. (flberges@gmail)

Lisa said...

That is GOOD Casey! Loved it! Loved also the way your dad got that dress of Ryan. He's a cute guy and so is Ryan!

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

I miss you!!! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years. I love the new family pictures, everyone looks so cute. I'm jealous, we still can't quite get them all smiling together.

We just had Makayla and Cayd's Birthdays and I missed having the Boones representin'.

Love you, we'll talk soon!
Have you read Twilight? I got obsessed for 2 weeks, I didn't think I liked Vampires.