Thursday, February 28, 2008

4-Year-Old's Trial of Faith...


Excerpt from tonight's family prayer, offered by Atticus:

"...And please bless me that I'll get my new pets well. Even all 5 hamsters. And my new little foal. And a dog; make it a great dog. And my cornsnake."

Pause.

"And help my hamsters to know the word of wisdom. In the name of..."

(I couldn't figure that last part out until I remembered a book we checked out from the library. It teaches that hamsters eat grains, fruits and vegetables.)

I hope it's not too great a trial of faith for him when we don't get any of the above-mentioned pets. Paris asked recently if we ought to get a dog. I've decided I love to chase, clean up after and potty-train humans. My energy ends there.

4 comments:

Melody said...

I just love the prayers that children say! They are so sweet!

We have thought about the dog too, but I'm with you, I can't do another kid right now.

Fisher Family said...

Ok..I love how he wants a foal. Atticus is awesome. You are such a good Mom to document those special things the kids say. Cora has said so much that I wish I had written down. At the time I thought I will always remember that who needs to write it down. I've learned my lesson.

Tiffany said...

Amen, Kasey, Amen! I have enough to do without caring for a dog(or 5 hampsters, or a cornsnake). Great prayer!

Jeni said...

You are never bored with little ones around! I love to hear children pray. Nothing is off limits!