Friday, February 8, 2008

Shrek Love and Mommy Tears...

Atticus found an old toothbrush and asked me, "Is this the toothbrush Daddy used when he had Shrek throat?"
When he was 2 he called overpasses "Ogre-passes"...Perhaps he has a secret obsession with the green guy.
He seems to mispronounce words less and less frequently. I don't dare correct him anymore because it's so cute.

Meanwhile I'm trying to take Fergie's advice("Big girls don't cry.") Mom was supposed to fly in today for a couple weeks, but she got terribly sick with a kidney infection. She won't be able to come out after all. I feel like such a little kid, "I want my MOMMY!" She is the best.

I don't know what it is about childbirth, but I have never felt closer to my own mother as when I have delivered my children. Like after years the relationship is finally horizontal instead of verticle. There's just an instant understanding or something.

I will miss her getting up with me nights that first week to watch shows or talk while I nurse the munchkin. But alas I'm 31 and any day now I'LL be the mommy again. So I have to grow up. :)

2 comments:

Melody said...

I know exactly what you mean! There is nothing like having your mom with you when you have a baby.
I'm so sorry to hear the news. I hope she feels better soon and can get there to be with you.

Kim said...

Oh darn!! That really is a bummer. Mom's are the greatest. Hopefully she'll get better quickly so she can make it out. By the way, Atticus is so dang cute! I miss you guys! We can't wait to hear about your news on the way! Love you, Kim