Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our ninth wedding anniversary. Part of me can't believe it's been 9 years, but a bigger part of me can't believe it's only been 9 years. It just feels so natural to be married to Paris I feel like we've been together forever.

Last week I didn't feel old, even after celebrating my birthday. But today I kind of do after digging this picture out and taking a good look at it. (I think Paris looks particularly young here.)

A flood of wonderful memories attack me now as I look through old pictures. In honor of nine years, here are 9 memories from those early days...

1. Bike Riding groceries home from Macy's late at night
2. Williams Sonoma and THE PLATTER! Augh.
3. Proudly calculating the cost of our carefully prepared meals to the penny
4. "Plink" at the UVSC dance
5. Paris's unintentional-Mohawk
6. Racquetball and friendly competition
7. Cheese Curd from the Creamery (ANYTHING from the Creamery for that matter)
8. Rock Canyon Park/SFLC Elevator (Ha!)
9. The Dodge Shadow - R.I.P.

Paris, I love you. Since this is a semi-public site I'll save the gushy details for a letter just for you. But I do love you and appreciate you and your love through our ups and downs. You're the best.

What does Steve Martin say? 9 years and 3 kids later and we still got the heat? :)

5 comments:

Melody said...

Congratulations to you both!
I totally know what you mean about feeling like it was just yesterday, but at the same time it feels like you've been together forever.

Tricia said...

Congratulations! I love how anniversaries help us remember the old stuff and get excited about what's coming next.

nanamoo said...

You guys are such a great couple. Happy Anniversary!

Julie K said...

Great work you two! I was just remembering last night our honeymoon travels, nearly 15 years ago. Time flies and stands still. Congratulations.
Julie

Clinic Stream said...

this is just a test