Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wyatt's Birthday, In Review...

I haven't recorded Wyatt's fabulous birthday yet...
Last Friday we got up bright and early to take Nanny and Cindy-Lou-Too to what I can only describe as a doggy amusement park. It was Wyatt who was most amused, though. Cindy-Lou sat between Nanny's legs most of the morning while Wyatt ran around, collected tennis balls, met new dogs and even tried to mark his territory once. We didn't even have to pay an entry fee for him.
Then we went to the Carters to meet Tricia and her family. I must admit I was a little nervous...I've never had an "Internet meeting" before. Felt a little like a blind date. :) We had an absolute blast! Tricia was a joy to visit with and our families got along famously. We're just angry with them for insisting on living in NC...The nerve.
Wyatt was traumatized by wearing a life-jacket but eventually recovered. He oversaw the lake activities safely from the shore or perched above us on the dock, like a Birthday King.
The water was warm and clear. The sun was out. We feared we'd never pry Atticus from the 3-person tube. Bless the Carters for letting him ride around and around with other people rotating around him. He finally relinquished his spot after Pres. Carter tried to dump him. :) Then he, Carter, and Jonah had fun horrifying their parents by swimming progressively further from shore and looking for snakes.

Debbie even Ryan-sat so Paris and I could try out the tube. In a united effort not to get "dumped" Brianna, Paris, and I held stubbornly onto the tube. Eventually it ran out of air and we did, indeed, dump.

Then we tried skiing. I felt pretty hard-core when I got up, but the next day I felt hard-SORE when I woke up. Still, after at least 5 years it was great to water ski again. Paris didn't get up, but not for lack of trying. In a repeated and determined effort not to let go until he was up, he broke the rope. Batting eyes...My big, strapping husband is such a stud. But after busting both the tube and the rope we fear we'll never be invited anywhere again...Menaces to society.
The plan was to grab a bite and go to the Lake County Fair. The boys didn't make it. Exhausted, they fell instantly asleep and dreamed what we can only imagine were happy dreams about birthday cakes and lakes.
These reviewers give the entire day 5 enthusiastic thumbs up.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I wondered if you ever made it to the fair. Those boys were so cute. I'm so glad we got to meet. I think we should definitely do it all again!

Brittany said...

i am so jealous we couldn't be there. so glad to hear atticus is being so brave in the water. go water baby!

Julie K said...

Kasey,
I have developed a raging case of blog snoop. I need a 12 step program. Loved reading about your family and seeing all the pics. Please encourage Kelly to stop disappointing her best friend and Get Cracking on her blog again. I can't believe I gotta beg...
ps Loved the blog you wrote about your mom trying everything. I have told K many times that I thought I could make my own wedding dress (and did!) soley on what I remember your mom doing when I was in 7 and 8 grade. Love your family!
Julie (Drooly Julie) Pedersen Konchar

nanamoo said...

I laughed reading your clever blog about our adventures. We loved having you and I will get Paris up next time!