Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It is a Happy Birthday...

Well, yesterday was a pretty rotten day...All in preparation for a conversely wonderful birthday so far.

It started last night, a few hours early. Rhea, Aimee, Linda, Katelyn, Alison, Paula and Hannah had a little get together for me. We visited, played Taboo and had gifts/ice-cream cake. Fun. Thanks guys.

I got home and snuggled Atticus. He gave me a huge hug and said, "I love you the most. Even all the way to the moon and back. Even Mars. You're the best." Sometimes mommies really need that. Then he added, "And don't worry...Daddy is going to wake me up in plenty of time to make the waffles."

Sure enough I was awakened to homemade waffles with - drumroll please - homemade blackberry syrup. I didn't know you could make syrup! Everyone knows syrup comes from the Publix Fairy. I was impressed. My little birdies gathered around me, mouths open, and I fed them and myself the most delicious breakfast ever. (There are a couple purple stains on my white bedspread to always remind me of that moment.)

Then Ryan woke up and gave us tons of smiles. Yay!
Happy baby = Happy Mommy = Happy Birthday

Kathi called bright and early. So thoughtful.

Atticus is taking me on a Mommy date this afternoon to get me a gift. Then Paris is taking me to my favorite casual dining spot - Panera Bread - for dinner, after which I get to choose what we do for the rest of the evening. No surprise that means we'll go to Barnes and Noble, melt into the most comfortable armchairs there, sip a smoothie, and rifle through books that aren't about tractors or puppy dogs. Heaven.

My last couple birthdays have been pretty laid back, so this has been super-fun. I must be the only woman my age who still loves my birthday. I'm pretty sure I'll never pad my age.

6 comments:

Melody said...

I am so glad that you had a great day! Happy Birthday!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday! I had no idea it was coming up so soon after Wyatt's. The blackberry syrup sounds heavenly.

Wise Family said...

Happy Birthday Kasey! Sorry I could not have made your party but I am happy you had such a great time... you deserve it! Love, Missy

Fisher Family said...

Kasey Happy Birthday girl! Glad you had a super fabulous day. And what a sweet little Atticus you have. I love the comment about the moon and around Mars. So sweet he loves his Mama so much.

Brittany said...

we love ya! glad you had such a wonderful birthday.

Jeni said...

Sounds like a great birthday! You know, you are going to miss Panera Bread when you move back to California. I get withdrawals every time I go to Utah for more than a week!