Wednesday, April 2, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes...

As part of my calling at church I was able to teach the Junior Primary class on Sunday. The kids were pretty cute.

Exhibit A -
Me: To learn how to choose the right we should read our...
Bailey (6, a regular visitor): Bible and Book of Norman

Exhibit B -
Samantha (5) reciting the 3rd Article of Faith: "We believe that through the atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and (long pause) ornaments-es of the Gospel."

Exhibit C -
Me: Since Gordon B. Hinckley recently passed away, who is our prophet now?
Reagan (3): Thomas S. Johnson

They're all pretty darned close. And for their ages I think they're amazing.

It reminded me of a story that our Temple President's wife told in sacrament meeting in Leesburg a couple years ago. Paraphrased; her grandchild commented repreatedly on being glad to be in the winning church. Finally she inquired what the child meant. "You know, how we have a trophy on our temples."

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

LOL...LOL

Anonymous said...

I just e-mailed this post to a bunch of my friends...so cute.

Melody said...

Gotta love those kiddies!