Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Blessing and Blessings...






I feel absolutely overwhelmed with gratitude today. Paris blessed Ryan, but we felt the most blessed.

Ryan is beautiful. Her blessing was touching. She was blessed, among other things, that at a young age she would be able to understand Heavenly Father's plan for her. I was comforted, as her mother, to hear these words. Would that everyone could have such an assurance; that we each have a specific, personalized plan and that we could UNDERSTAND it!

I'm grateful for Paris, who is a loving father and super hubby. I don't brag about him enough, and I think this will possibly embarrass him so I'll keep it short. He's a gentle man with a big heart. He loves our family, and we love him.

There was quite a turnout. We're going to assume the entire group of stake visitors was there for Ryan's blessing. (Wink, wink.)

Participating in the blessing were L to R: Don Widmann, President Doug Carter, Granddad, Daddy, Uncle Sam and Rick Teets.

Side Note: It was thrilling to have such a full room in the Sumterville Branch. Now it's up to us to fill the room with people who actually live in the boundaries. :) We're up for the challenge.

Due to the large turnout our family of 5 squeezed into 3 chairs. This gave me an opportunity to really look at the kids all lined up. It's awe-inspiring how we can have equally perfect love for three totally different personalities. Ryan either slept, admired her admirers, or reminded us that she has an opinion - quite loudly. Atticus spent the hour quietly humming the Transformers theme song and flirting with anyone who would pay attention to him. Wyatt, on the other hand could care less about the crowd. He occasionally took a break from stringing beads to gaze up at Daddy or make sure Granddad was still on the stand. (Daddy's the hero lately. I have faith that the "Mommy=chopped liver" phase will pass soon. He's a little young for a lecture about 9 months, uphill both ways.)
Our family isn't perfect, but it's perfect for me. I have been blessed.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Ryan looks so darling! Looks like it turned out to be a great day. Wish we could have been there to add to the Sumterville attendance too! We sure miss you guys . . . tell everyone hello! :)

Kathryn Poduska said...

Ryan is so lovely in her dress! I miss her and I am so excited to watch her grow up!

nanamoo said...

That picture of Ryan is sooooo beautiful. What a wonderful day!

L!ND$EY said...

I am in love with your baby! She is so beautiful, I have to confess I'm totally jealous...don't tell Kathi!!

Judy Ryan said...

Okay, this made me cry.

Liz said...

Kasey, I love your blog and the way you describe things...it's funny and touching. Ryan looked like a porcelan doll that you see in the magazines from Franklin Mint. "so life like with hand painted details" It was wonderful to see all the pictures of your family.

Liz said...

Kasey, I love your blog and the way you describe things...it's funny and touching. Ryan looked like a porcelan doll that you see in the magazines from Franklin Mint. "so life like with hand painted details" It was wonderful to see all the pictures of your family.

Tiffany said...

I agree with my mom....you're blog is one of my favorites to visit, because you are so talented and creative at writing. As for your sweet little girl, she really does look so beautiful in that first picture. I also love what you said about your "family not being perfect, but it's perfect for you". I got a little teary. Love your blog!

Brittany said...

could she be any more beautiful!!! oh my word. i can't wait to teach her to swim!! (wyatt too)

Melody said...

Precious, just precious!

Fisher Family said...

I love this post. All of the pictures are wonderful but the top one of Ryan is so so sweet.