Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Post-Pardum Progress?

I've been awfully proud of myself because I've been eating fairly well and exercising and I'm starting to feel results. Yay, right?


Well, Wyatt came up to me today while I was nursing Ryan and became hysterically fascinated with my spare tire. He would do the Pillsbury Dough Boy thing to my belly and when his finger completely disappeared in the fat roll he would BURST out into a full belly laugh. This kept him in stitches (and me in near-tears) for at least 5 minutes.


He hasn't seemed too interested in talking, but when he does I swear he has articulation dyslexia. Up is "Pu." Down is "Now." Etc, etc.


Then yesterday I asked him where my toothbrush was and he said "Ount Know." The tone reminded me of a teenager, as if to say, "How should I know where you put your toothbrush? Am I your toothbrush's keeper?"


I can't imagine our home without our little man in a pint-sized body. He's independent and has had a grown up sense of humor since he was about 8 months old. He just cracks us up!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Well, I still have the spare tire and my baby is 2 1/2. I'm not too sure if I'll ever get rid of it! :(

nanamoo said...

The skin just gets stretched out...recently, Cherylyn and I were having a little laugh about tucking that extra skin into our jeans.

The teacher in me wants to tell you to keep an eye on the speech thing...he is really young, but that is not an uncommon speech development--when we lived in the UK our neighbors little girl had it and so she called her "mum", "moo". My girls thought it was so cute that they took up calling me Moo and that is why I am now called Nanamoo.