Friday, June 13, 2008

What I Did for My Summer Vacation; A Photo Essay...

Way Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee. (I'm not kidding, Travis.)

Floating the river was a peaceful joyride, especially after Wyatt fell asleep. We even took Ryan down on our last day there.
We thought of Brittany as we worked on a puzzle similar to the mystery puzzle from Christmas. Dad and Paris even joined in, making it especially fun. And of course we had to do some chocolate research of our own!
We had bets going as to how many pieces would be missing. Paris won...11.

Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink. Helenians are stingy with their water. You have to be persistent and pay a fee in restaurants. They blame it on the drought, not the rain.
(True story: heard that song on the radio yesterday. I was shocked.)


What would a Ryan Family vacation be without some additction. I alluded to the chocolate, but there was also Eli Stone and House of Elliot.
Here's where the river ran by our place. The rooms were tiny, but the grounds were immaculate. Absoluely beautiful!
Wyatt threw rocks in the river for hours.



Ryan's first dip in the pool. For Heaven's sake, we hope this girl will eventually tan! She basically glows. I had to buy a pair of sunglasses. She belongs with her cousins. (You know who you are.)

8 comments:

Julie K said...

Your trip sounds fantastic! The last time I rafted down a river like that was back in my Clovis days. And your little glo-worm is adorable. Sid and Calvin were both so white as little children that people felt the need to comment on it. One old lady at church had been ogle-ing Sid the whole meeting and then approached me to say, not "what an adorable, well behaved little man you have there", but "that is the whitest child I have ever seen." Hard to know what to say after that. Was she complimenting me or pitying me? But happy ending, Sid and Calvin BOTH have cute little tans. Ryan is cuter than patooter and can pull of the "Snow White" thing if need be.

nanamoo said...

Sounds like I have some summer tv viewing! The pictures are great and the trip idyllic.

Judy Ryan said...

Seems to me that whoever it was hanging over that bridge to catch that crazy quartet on pink innertubes must have been daring and very cool.

Melody said...

It sounds like it was just fantastic!

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Looks like fun, and your Mom is hilarious. Oh and I still get comments on my whiteness, we all have our issues, sorry Miss Ryan.

Kelly B said...

Love it! The only thing missing from your photo essay is a visit from your sistah!!! I miss you, girl. And we only live two hours away! Gots to get to the wilds of Wildwood to see you! (Or, alternately, you've gots to get to the wilds of my home to see me!) Personally, I think my wilds are scarier than yours! :) Love ya!

debbie said...

Be glad your kids are white. Our kids are clear. One can prominently see their blue veins, like a Russian road map.

Becky said...

Rowan is the dark horse in our family . . . and that ain't saying much. The best tan I ever had was in high school when we ate lunch outside all year long. Who knew?