Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home...

Yes, they've started a fan club.

Wyatt is President. He loves his Daddy above and beyond the call of duty. Today I was getting him off the trampoline and he saw Paris walking across the field toward us. Wyatt was so excited I scooped him up and started running toward Paris. Apparently I wasn't going fast enough because he wriggled out of my arms so he could run faster himself.

After 2 years of calling Paris Dah-dah, he woke up yesterday and called him Dah-Dee. This is a big step, and I think Paris loved it. His own personalized Father's Day gift!
And then there's Atticus - Thinks the sun rises an sets on Daddy. Perhaps because Paris tries to beat-box and says things like, "I got Mad Skillz." He filled this survey out for Paris in his Pre-K class.


One of the best things about Paris's sweet ride is that it doesn't have a muffler. Consequently, the boys can hear him coming from a mile away...literally. When the distinctive rattle of Daddy's car fades in the boys run outside and dance around in anticipation of DADDY! 60 seconds later he turns the corner. By then it's pure chaos.

Ryan isn't old enough to express it yet, but you can see it in her eyes. She's in love. She sits and stares at him with the sweeest grin.

I'm grateful for Paris, too. He's a devoted father in every way. And the beat-boxing cracks me up.

6 comments:

Julie K said...

Argh! I'm imparing my vision squinking my eyes so I can read the page Atticus did for pre school. It looks adorable. I wish my mom had saved the things we did like that. (I am assuming here that we produced quality work like that and my mom just didn't save it. And now that I have my own crazy life with horrid little children--my pet name for them and ALWAYS said in a loving, devoted tone--I can kinda see how she might have lost a paper or two. So I forgive her.)

Kathryn Poduska said...

They've got one special Daddy.

Kelly B said...

I love the thought of Paris beat boxing- this I so have to see! He's been holding out on me! And the thought of little Wyatt running at all cost when he hears Paris' sweet ride... priceless! (How funny is it that we both came up with the same Father's Day blog title... great minds, right!?) XOXO

nanamoo said...

cute, cute, cute.

Danette Garrett said...

nothing better than a daddy

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

I love that Atticus said I've never seen my Dad be funny - OUCH!