Sunday, June 8, 2008

Field Trip and A Warning...

Warning: We just got home from a vacation with Mom and Dad in GA.
Okay, so that, in and of itself isn't really a warning. The warning is that I have got pictures and pictures and stories and stories to tell. And I will.

You see, I thoroughly enjoy looking at pictures of random families' trips to The Grand Canyon or photos of the guy-next-to-me-on-the-plane's grand kids. So I have no filter or social skills in this regard. (And if you stick it out you just may hear a mortifyingly embarrassing story...And I don't embarrass easily.)


But first I must tell about a delightful Sunday in Florida. The Sumterville Branch (Population: 50) hopped a charter bus and visited the Belleview Ward (Population: More than 50.) We were warmly welcomed by the ward and inspired by the visit! The building is beautiful, and it wasn't that long ago that the Belleview Ward was tiny like we are. Hopeful.

I was most touched by a poignant and well prepared lesson in Relief Society about the importance of personal prayer. I'm grateful for prayer and I know I'm heard when I pray. Could there be a better gift from a loving Father in Heaven?

On the way home from church Atticus said, "So, let's go on a field trip next Sunday too, okay?" :)

3 comments:

Kathryn Poduska said...

Maybe next Sunday your Ward will go to Disneyworld!

nanamoo said...

When my husband came home today and told us about the field trip, I lobbied very hard for a stake field trip to Tampa that has a new stake center like the one we are building. Sadly, I was not successful. It sounded wonderful for you. I am looking forward to the tales of your adventures forthcoming!

Julie K said...

It's nice to have you back.