Friday, May 16, 2008

I Thought it was FREEZE Tag!

My apologies to Melody, who tagged me weeks ago, and I'm finally responding. I'll make it quick because after this I'm going to start my '07 Christmas cards.

How did you meet your spouse? I went to his apartment begging for aluminum cans. (Not kidding...My roommates and I were in the throws of a semester-long art/apartment beautification project we creatively referred to as "the can wall.")

Where did you go on your first date? To dinner and a play with Jared and Connie Mecham. The play was a good move on his part. He appeared to be cultured even though he tried to impress me in the car by flawlessly singing "The Devil Went Down to Georgia."

How long have you been together? 10 years, married 9

Who eats more? Sweets, me...Meats, him.

Who said I love you first? P-Dog

Who is taller? Obviously him. But he sometimes has me stand on a step then says, "Would you have fallen in love with me if I was this tall?" The answer is yes, of course, but he does look fantastically silly when taken off his pedestal.

Who sings better? Me, but Paris has major potential.

Who is smarter? Unimportant geeky stuff, me. Recall and practical stuff, HIM!

Who does the laundry? Me.

Who does the dishes? I usually do, but he does the silverware. (I abhor the silverware!)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Depends. This has been a bone of contention at times, most notably when I'm pregnant. Paris sleeps closest to the door. Always. He says it's to protect me if someone comes in, but I've noticed he's always coincidentally closer to the bathroom. (An [really] inconvenient truth.)

Who pays the bills? Online BillPay. But he makes that happen, bless his heart.

Who mows the lawn? Wyatt

Who cooks dinner? I'm exercising my Constitutional right to remain silent.

Who drives when you are together? Paris

Who is more stubborn? We're both perfect angels. :)

Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? Me, but he always means it when he says it.

Who kissed who first? Simultaneous

Who proposed? He did, outdoors, on December 26th after spilling a huge glass of ice water on me. I happily agreed through chattering teeth.

Who is more sensitive? We're both pretty logical. I hear he was super sensitive growing up, so I'd say him.

Who has more friends? Me, especially if we include BlogBuds.

Who has more siblings? You'd think this would be pretty straightforward, but Southerners make things so complicated - Technically he does; Biologically, I do; Spiritually, we all do.

Who wears the pants? He lets me think I do, but I'm pretty sure he does. Clever.

Now I tag Julie K, Mary from book club, and Cindy V
(I like putting the first letter of last names because then it looks like I have multitudes of friends named Julie or Cindy. Who's clever now?!)

8 comments:

Tricia said...

You are so dang funny. That was really fun to read.

Bryan and Amanda Russ said...

Love the new look! You are so clever and cute. I love to read and learn more, I realize I really don't know yours and Paris' "story", I guess we'll just have to get together and talk ;-). What are you doing on Saturday? Call me.

Melody said...

Well, better late than never!

I really enjoyed that. :)

TNIRYAN said...

The side of the bed thing made me laugh because guess who sleeps nearest the door? And it's for the same reason! Actually, I think we've taken turns with each house we've moved into. Next house, I get to be furthest from the door.

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Now I finally feel like I belong! I've never been tagged before. I hope to do you proud!
(You were talking about me, right? Not some other Julie K?)

Julie K said...

Thanks! I DO think we share a few adorable traits. (Raven-haired ingenues immediately leaps to mind.) Sooo glad Kelly is coming out to play again, I've missed her. Now, if we could just convince your mom.

Anonymous said...

t's such a important site. cool, very stimulating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://zorkaproject.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,5194/]opony[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you